Discover Cedar’s Natural Beauty
Western Red Cedar is the perfect product for any number of settings: classic, contemporary, rustic, and everything in-between. The uniform, fine-grain, texture and natural satin sheen makes it an extremely attractive siding product. Use cedar in a variety of applications including siding, decking, fencing, shingles, gazebos, and more. Beyond it’s natural beauty, the qualities of cedar are numerous:
Durability and Longevity
- Naturally occurring preservatives make it decay- and mold-resistant and a deterrent to termites
- Exceptional strength in proportion to weight
- Highly impermeable to moisture
- Low maintenance
- Retains straightness and shape in even the harshest weather, making it ideal for siding applications
- Twice the stability of other commonly used exterior wood sidings and resists warping, cupping and twisting
Accepts and Retains Finish
- Lack of pitch and resin make it an ideal base for all types of paints and stains. In fact, it ranks at the top in its ability to accept and maintain a finish.
Moderates Temperatures and Creates a Sound Barrier
- The low density make-up of the wood increases insulation, keeping the home warmer in winter and cooler in summer, while additionally creating a natural sound barrier.
Tongue and Groove sidings may be applied vertically, horizontally or on a diagonal to suit your design needs. The siding is reversible and can be used for both interior and exterior applications. Use the more formal smooth side for paint or heavier bodied stain finishes. Use the saw textured side for a more rustic appearance with semi-transparent finishes.
Cedar Siding Family of Products
Cedar can be used for interior and exterior applications and is available in a wide variety of grades and dimensions providing endless possibilities. We also offer a complete line of cedar trim, timbers, and other boards and dimension available.
You can apply plain bevel sidings horizontally or on a slight diagonal. Finish with latex paint or a semi-transparent latex stain.
Cedar Bevel Siding Dimensions:
- 1/2 x 4, 1/2 x 6, 1/2 x 8 (clear vertical grain grade)
- 3/4 x 8, 3/4 x 10 (clear vertical grain grade)
- 11/16 x 6, 11/16 x 8 (knotty grade)
- 3/4 x 10 (knotty grade)
- 15/16 x 12 (select tight knot and wavy edge grade)
Cedar Rabbeted Bevel Siding Dimensions:
- 11/16 x 6, 11/16 x 8 (select tight knot grade)
- 3/4 x 6, 3/4 x 8 (select tight knot grade)
- 5/4 x 4, 5/4 x 8, 5/4 x 10 (select tight knot grade)
Cedar Tongue and Groove Siding Dimensions:
- 1 x 4, 1 x 6, 1 x 8 (select tight knot grade)
Cedar Channel Rustic Siding Dimensions:
- 1 x 8, 1 x 10 (select tight knot grade)
Additional dimensions may be available. Inquire with your local retail building material supplier.