Evolutions Thermally Modified Wood
Naturally modified wood with supernatural performance.
The science behind the product:
Thermal Modification changes the chemical structure of the wood. The process changes both the physical and biological properties of wood, hindering its ability to reabsorb moisture. Additionally, through the transformation process, the sugars found in the wood are converted into a natural substance that cannot be digested by insects and that does not contribute to fungus or mold growth.
The results of the modification give Evolutions Thermally Modified Wood significant advantages against the elements:
- Outstanding dimension stability – This greatly reduces the woods natural tendency to warp, cup and shrink
- Durability – Excellent performance against the elements
- Natural resistance to rot and decay
- Exceptional performance with paints/stains/glues due to the low moisture content (can be painted or stained immediately)
- Attractive golden brown color with Pine and dark tones with hardwood species
Evolutions Thermally Modified Wood has been successfully used throughout Europe for years.
The enhanced durability and performance make EVOLUTIONS an excellent choice for the eco-conscious consumer, but the advantages don’t stop there…
- It’s rapidly renewable.
- It’s locally and abundantly available in Minnesota and Wisconsin. There are no other naturally rot-resistant woods grown locally.
- It’s a natural product.
- It supports local economy.
Evolutions Thermal Wood Family of Products
Evolutions is extremely versatile, available in a variety of species, and can be used for interior and exterior applications including:
- Bevel Siding: 3/4×6, 3/4×8
- Log Siding: 2×8
- Paneling: 1×6
- Window and door trim: 1×8
Additional dimensions may be available. Inquire with your local retail building material supplier.