Western Red Cedar Shakes and Shingles
The qualities of Western Red Cedar are numerous. Of particular importance is its longevity due to its natural preservatives. It’s fine, even grain, exceptional strength in proportion to weight, low ratio of expansion and contraction, high impermeability to liquids and low maintenance are indeed characteristics hard to beat. Additionally, they perform exceptionally well in hurricane force winds and provide a high degree of thermal insulation.
Cedar’s rich, earthy tones and its warmth and subtle patterns of texture provide long-lasting beauty on roofs, exterior walls, or as interior decorative accents.
Shakertown® Craftsman 1-Course Cedar Shingle Panel is the newest development from the company that brought you the original cedar shingle panel. Manufactured using only the finest Western Red Cedar vertical grain heartwood, the Shakertown Craftsman Panel features a full plywood back, a thick 3/8″ shingle and overlocking end-joints for a seamless appearance. The ultimate in versatility, ease of installation, quality and beauty.
- pre-stained in virtually any color of transparent, semi-transparent, semi-solid and solid finishes
- 100% clear
- 100% edge grain Western Red Cedar
- packaged 96 pieces to a carton (one carton covers 25 square feet when shingles are installed at the 7 1/2″ exposure recommended for exteriors
Teal Cedar shakes and shingles have a special warmth and elegance, an architectural look that states classic quality, taste and timelessness. No other roofing and siding product offers nature’s own formula for unrivaled weather-defying protection, insulation and structural strength. Cedar is impact and wind resistant.
The Teal Grade is your assurance of quality western red cedar shakes & shingle products. The Teal Cedar Line of products consist of:
Cedar Shakes (in 24″ lengths)
- 1/2″x3/4″ #1 Medium Shake
- 3/4″x5/4″ #1 Heavy Shake
- 1/2″x3/4″ #1 Shake Hip and Ridge
Cedar Shingles (in 16″ lengths)
- #1 Shingle Hip and Ridge
- #1 5x Shingles
- #2 5x Shingles
- Starter Shingles
- 7″ Staggered or Even Butt Craftsman Panel in 8′ length
- Outside Boston Weave Corners
- Fancy Cut Singles and Panels