The Gold Standard in Decking
Ipe (pronounced E-pay) is a South American hardwood and has natural properties that make it the toughest and longest lasting decking materials available.
Ipe decking is world renowned for its superior characteristics and properties. Ipe wood decking has an extremely dense and tight grain. The grain of ipe wood can be both wavy and straight. The color of ipe heartwood is a rich brown with red and amber hues. Due to the wood’s fine texture and interlocking grain, ipe offers superior slip resistance.
- Naturally strong, durable, and decay/termite resistant
- Knot free and needs no preservative treatment
- Can be left in the “raw” or can be coated with the coating stain of your choice
- Hardness is approximately 3 times that of Oak. Because of its hardness and good dimensional stability, it is well suited for exterior/outdoor applications
- Full line of decking, dimension and accessories available
Ipe Decking Available Dimensions
- 1×4, 1×6, 5/4×6, 2×4, 2×6, and 4×4 in lengths of 8′-20′
- 2×2 is available in 48″ and 96″
- Stair treads and risers
- Covered porches and patios
- Interior areas exposed to heat and air conditioning
- Covered lannais